Microsoft Project Training for Project Server
Learn Microsoft Project from “The Guy” that wrote the book, not read it.
Unleash Your Project Management Potential—In Just ONE Week!
Are you tired of wasting time on YouTube tutorials that leave you more confused than when you started? This course is customized for users of Microsoft Project Server that need to learn how to use Microsoft Project to build enterprise schedules. With 25 years of teaching experience and over 20 books under my belt, Dale Howard has designed the ultimate Microsoft Project Training course that takes you from zero to hero in Microsoft Project for Project Server—in less than a week!
Why This Course is a Game-Changer
After teaching Microsoft Project over 20 years to every skill level possible, Dale has meticulously tailored this course to scale and flex with your learning needs. Learn at your speed, rewind when you’re stuck, and accelerate when you’re on fire. This isn’t just a course; it’s a transformational journey.
What’s Inside: More Than Just Videos
- ~70 Bite-Sized Videos: No fluff, just actionable lessons ranging from 3-7 minutes.
- 12 Power-Packed Modules: Each designed to level up your Microsoft Project skills in Project Server.
- 5 Real-World Project Files: Learn the features that matter, straight from a seasoned expert.
- Custom Ribbons & Shortcuts: Get your hands on my personal toolkit to supercharge your project scheduling.
- Certificate of Completion: Show off your project scheduling skills with a custom certificate of completion.
Enroll now and experience the breakthrough you’ve been waiting for!
Are you Ready to Start?
Purchase your OnDemand course now and you’ll be able to start in minutes. Individual Training is just $699
As a part of this course, each student will receive the following:
- Hands On Exercises workbook in PDF format
- Student sample files
This “hands on” self-paced eLearning course teaches the foundational knowledge required to effectively manage “process agnostic” enterprise projects using Microsoft Project with either Project Online or Microsoft Project Server. Our “keep it simple” training approach allows students to master the vital skills they need to effectively plan and manage an enterprise project using Microsoft’s PPM (Project Portfolio Management) tools.
This course is focused on the core needs of project managers, project schedulers, and project coordinators who use Microsoft Project with either Project Online or Microsoft Project Server to manage enterprise projects.
Best Instructor Ever!
Dale Howard has been a Microsoft Project MVP (Most Valuable Professional) for 20 years in a row and is currently one of only 26 Project MVPs in the entire world. If you post a question about any of Microsoft’s PPM tools on the public message boards, Dale is frequently the person who will answer your question.
Module 01: Introducing the Microsoft PPM Tools
- What are Project Online and Microsoft Project Server?
- Understanding Enterprise Project Management Terminology
Module 02: Microsoft Project Overview
- Customizing the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar in Microsoft Project
- Understanding the Gantt Chart View
- Understanding the Microsoft Project Data Model
- Understanding and Using Views
- Understanding and Using Tables
- Understanding and Using Filters
- Understanding and Using Groups
- Project Navigation Tips
Module 03: Working in Enterprise Mode
- Creating a Project Online Login Account
- Opening and Closing an Enterprise Project
- Working with the Local Project Cache
- Working with an Enterprise Project in Offline Mode
- Introducing Project Web App
- Using the Project Center Page
- Using the Resource Center Page
Module 04: Working with a New Project
- Creating a New Enterprise Project
- Creating a New Project Using Project Web App
- Creating a New Project Using Microsoft Project
- Taking Over an Enterprise Project Created by Someone Else
- Defining a New Project
- Set the Project Start Date
- Enter Project Properties
- Display the Project Summary Task
- Set the Project and Nonworking Time Calendars
- Set Project Options
- Save and Publish the Project
Module 05: Task Planning
- Understanding Manually Scheduled vs. Auto Scheduled Tasks
- Creating the Task List
- Creating New Tasks
- Editing Task Names
- Deleting Unneeded Tasks
- Inserting New Tasks
- Moving Tasks
- Adding Task Notes
- Creating Summary Tasks
- Creating Milestone Tasks
- Entering Duration Estimates
- Specifying Task Dependencies – Overview
- Specifying Task Dependencies in a Real World Project
- Applying Task Constraints
- Entering Target Finish Dates
- Using Cell Background Formatting to Highlight Tasks of Interest
Module 06: Resource Planning
- Understanding Enterprise Project Resources
- Building Your Project Team
- Adding Enterprise Resources to the Project Team
- Adding Local Resources to the Project Team
Module 07: Assignment Planning
- Assigning Resources to Tasks: Best Practices
- Assigning Resources to Tasks Using the Task Entry View
- Assigning Resources to Tasks Using the Assign Resources Dialog
Module 08: Completing the Project Schedule
- Performing a Quality Analysis on the Project Schedule
- Saving and Backing Up a Baseline for the Project
- Saving and Publishing the Project
Module 09: Capturing Task Progress
- About Project Updating
- Setting the Status Date for the Project
- Methods for Gathering Task Progress
- Manually Entering Task Progress
- Tips for Manually Entering Task Progress
Module 10: Working with Task Updates
- Understanding Incomplete Work in the Past
- Rescheduling Incomplete Work from the Past
Module 11: Variance Analysis, Plan Revision, and Change Control
- Understanding Project Variance
- Analyzing Project Variance
- Analyzing Schedule Variance
- Understanding Work Variance
- Understanding Cost Variance
- Understanding Plan Revision
- Revising a Project Schedule
- Understanding Change Control
- Adding New Tasks to a Project
- Updating the Project Baseline
Module 12: Project Reporting
- Creating a Timeline View
- Formatting the Timeline View
- Exporting the Timeline View to Another Application
- Publishing a Timeline View to Project Web App
Want Group Discounts?
Contact Us for Discounts